Tuesday, June 1, 2010

BCES Field Day 2010


Since I have been off work I was able to spend time with the kids at school. Last week Collin and Meda both had their field day (AKA Gator Games). Tuesday was Meda's and it was quite a bit different than last year. The kids had a buddy and there were about 30 stations for them to visit and earn points for their score card. It was very hot, but Theron and I managed to stay cool.


Meda's "buddy" Guenevere



The duck walk



Theron trying to beat the heat


Meda and Gwen trying to win the tug-o-war

Meda did very well and had a ton of fun! Theron and I thought we were going to die of heat stroke, but managed to cool off in the cafeteria eating lunch with Collin before our bike ride home.


On Thursday morning Meda had her economics fair. It was very neat - the kids had to come up with a good or service to sell (it could not be food/drink). Meda chose to make balloon animals. She and I practice making wiener dogs and "regular" dogs. We also made swords. Some other items for sale in her class were bead necklaces, frames made from Popsicle sticks, jokes, and massages! It was so cute. Meda sold out in 2 hours and my finger was literally bleeding. She racked in the dough and couldn't have been more proud. Unfortunately Meda couldn't tie the balloons so that was my job so I couldn't take pictures. Bummer. After the fair was over Theron and I headed outside for Collin's Gator Games. He was so excited to be buddied up with his BFF Brandon.
(Yes they are in the same grade and Brandon is 5 months older)


The rules were a bit different for Kinder and the difficulty was scaled down a bit. They didn't earn points, but rather smiley faces and stars.



Collin & Brandon stood in a line for what seemed like forever to hit a ball of of this orange cone. Can you tell they LOVE baseball?

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Okay, this post got me pretty excited about Stevie starting school next year. I had forgotten all about Field Days! I remember loving mine as a kid.