Monday, September 7, 2009

Memories...

This evening we went over to Mimi and Papa's house for Labor Day steaks on the grill (thanks guys) and I was reminded of a very sweet time in my Collin's life. As I was sitting there watching Theron attempt to put his brother's shoes on I remembered how when Collin was just a wee bitty boy that he had a crazy obsession with shoes. We had nicknamed him the shoe police. If he found shoes lying around and noticed that someone had bare feet, he wouldn't quit until the shoes were donned.

Theron just got his first pair of shoes this weekend and he loves them. Some might ask why I waiting so long to get the poor boy some shoes, but gee whiz - its been a thousand degrees outside and he just started walking. I love when I am reminded of such tender moments in my kids' lives. It makes me realize I need to be better about recording these little moments so I don't ever forget.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

So cute! Stevie was only ever interested in gnawing on shoes. But you're right, it's so important to write down those little stories. I need to be better about it!