Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Our Florida Vaca

This past week I had to travel to Marco Island, Florida on business so we decided to make it a family vacation. It is the largest of Florida's 10,000 islands (who knew there were that many islands in Florida?). We stayed at the Marco Island Marriot Beach Resort and Spa, yes, it was as expensive as it sounds. The room was really nice and I am thankful that it came equipped with a fridge because we had to go to the grocery store first off! On Thursday morning we hopped on a trolley to take a tour of the island. I was in awe at the size of the homes! These were mansions and to top it off, they were mostly 2nd homes...GEEZ! Meda was taking the photos on the tour so instead of pictures of the homes I got this...

The beaches were beautiful

And the pools were awesome (note the waterfall in the background)

When I got out of my meetings on Friday we ALL went parasailing. That was the first for everyone. Jeff and I were certain that at least one of the kids would chicken out, NOT A CHANCE!! Meda and I went together and then Jeff and Collin went afterwards. I didn't take the camera up, so here are pictures of the girls on the way up and then the boys view of the island.







Some other highlights of our trip were the Nickelodean Beachside Getaway with none other than SpongeBob Square Pants. There was a character breakfast at the hotel, but for $31.95/person, I didn't even tell the kids about it (yikes). They had fun nickelodean games beachside. Meda and Collin got to slime themselves with balloons.

Well, this is taking WAY to long. I'm going to have to do a part 2 post.

4 comments:

Emm said...

Parasailing looked amazing! Glad you guys had a wonderful time!

Jenny said...

I can't believe you went parasailing!! Holla!

Man, this vacation looks awesome. There's nothing like gorgeous beaches to help you forget your troubles.

Jared-Monica-Brooke-Caleb said...

That is awesome!! I love the beaches. Hope y'all had a blast!

Mazoto Monarengs said...

Been looking at your blog and all your pics on facebook as well! It looks like you are sure having fun and creating lots of memories as a family. Good adventures. Miss you. Keep up the blogging. I like to see what's going on with you guys.