Monday, February 28, 2011

Bugz


The first graders at Collin's school presented Bugz this year for his music program. It was such a cute presentation! His part was that of the ever so wise praying mantis. I must admit, I was a bit nervous when he brought that tid-bit of news home - ya know? How was I, who hasn't a creative bone in my body going to turn my little man into such a predacious creature? Lucky for me I was given some much needed direction by a very creative friend and turned Meda's science fair display into this:

The program was so cute with bees, ants, roaches, lady bugs, and a stink bug to name a few. They kids all did so well and it was an absolute hoot to watch. Collin got a little irratated because a couple of kids thought he was a really cool grasshopper. HAHA

I did get a photo of Collin saying his lines, but his eyes were closed, so I didn't post it. The stink bug is pretty cute though, right? The problem was, nobody liked the stink bug because they found his odor to be offensive. They consulted the praying mantis, who is wise for counsel. This is what he had to say:

"I thought until I got an answer, I prayed till I almost popped. I think I thought a way to help, until the smell has stopped." THEN "What we need is an even stronger smell, a more appealing scent. I think a flower on each lapel, will make us more content. "

No comments: