Sunday, June 7, 2009

Super Busy Saturday

I swear yesterday must have been the busiest day of my life. I woke up at 5 am because we had to be at the kids' swim meet by 6:15. Luckily Theron spent the night at Mimi and Papa's house so that I didn't have to drag him out that early. Both kids swam really well and Meda "swam up" on her freestyle relay.

Collin got a couple of 2nd place ribbons and Meda got 1st and 2nd place. I'm very proud of my little Nauticat swimmers. Here are a few photos of them in action.





We were finished with the meet around 1pm and headed directly over to Taylor Lake Park for Jeff's company picnic. It was nice weather with the breeze coming in off the lake. They had good BBQ and a bounce house for the kid. Jeff even participated in some volleyball! Theron was so tired he could barely keep his eyes open, but all in all it was a lovely time.






We made it home from the picnic around 4:30, dropped Jeff off and headed over to my good friend Debbie's house in Santa Fe. Her son, Roy just graduated from high school and she threw him a nice party to celebrate. The kids always love going to her house anyway, but they really enjoyed themselves yesterday because there was a huge slip and slide, swimming, and horseshoes. Collin even learned how to peel crawfish. Good times had by all!



It even had soap on it!


We got home a 8:30 and I was exhausted. It was a good day.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Wow. I'M exhausted after reading about your day! And WAY TO GO Meda and Collin! You have seriously amazing kids!