Sunday, January 18, 2009

You gotta love the little ones

It took all I had to not roll on the floor laughing during my class today at church. For those of you who don't know, I teach the 4 and 5 year olds. My lesson was on following the commandments. As I am talking with them, I likened the commandments to roadsigns and we all discussed why we have them and what would happen if we didn't obey them. It was too cute how many piped up and told everyone how their Mom or their Dad had driven too fast or ran through stop signs, but luckily didn't go to jail. The answer I was looking for was "to protect us and keep us safe" but I must admit, the moment was priceless. Good thing I was sitting right their with my kid, because I just got a ticket last week for speeding :-). Don't worry friends, your secret is safe with me as long as mine are safe with you when you are teaching my children!!

5 comments:

Jared said...

LOL! Why do I think that was my child....

Jenny said...

OOOoooo, Steven just got a ticket when we were driving home from chicago! Blast! Stevie was pretty stoked about the official policeman.

Marby said...

Jenny-
Rest assured that Stevie kept his Daddy's secret. That's a huge accomplishment for a 4 year old!

Marby said...

Jared-
Believe it or not, Erin is so unbelievably reverent I sometimes forget she is there. No secrets told by her either. Maybe once she gets a little more used to me I'll get to hear all kinds of dirt :)

Hilllary Howland said...

To true! I loved teaching the 3 year olds. They say the funniest stuff. I'm worried what my daughter is going to say!!!!