Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Sweet Memories

Collin is affectionately known as The Questionator in our house. I swear he must ask 100 questions a day. I always try and be very patient with him. These are some of the topics from today:
  • What do snakes eat? rats and mice, stuff like that
  • How can a snake eat? they just open their mouths really wide and swallow
  • Do snakes eat humans? I guess really big snakes could, but those live far away in the jungle
  • How can they eat a human? this is where I had to briefly summarize how they would wrap themselves around you and squeeze you into unconsciousness (my kid HAD to know)
  • Why do bulls have horns? to protect their families (???)
  • How are horns made? they grow from their heads
  • How is skin made? we are born with it
  • Why do we have skin? to protect our bodies
  • Why do we have bones? so that our skin won't just flop over
  • Which led up to my favorite conversation of the day...
  • How did we get bones? Heavenly Father made us with bones

But, HOW did he make them? I don't know, Collin.

I guess when we go to Heaven I can ask him. Yes, you can. How can you talk to Heavenly Father right now?

I can pray. Yes, good Collin. You can pray when you want to talk to Heavenly Father.

I'm going to pray right now...Dear Heavenly Father, how do you make bones? In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen. Mom-he didn't answer my question!

I just love him!!!

3 comments:

Jenny said...

That's right, Marby. Bulls DO have horns to protect their families. That is my all-time favorite response EVER! Can I use that if Stevie ever asks?

This post just cracked me up! LOL

Marby said...

Yes, you have my official permission to use any of my very brilliant responses listed herein to intelligently reply to your 4 year old's questions. LOL!!

Jared-Monica-Brooke-Caleb said...

That is too funny!! Such a sweet and curious boy!!