Friday, December 19, 2008

Blog Catch Up - Take One



I just love the Holidays and this year I could just kick myself for deciding to let contractors come in and do my hurricane repairs in December (I know, what was I thinking, right?). I just don't know if forgoing the decorations was worth it. We have not put up any lights or outside decorations and all we have inside is our tree and stockings. I could put them out know, but I feel like if I can't get them out Thanksgiving weekend then its not worth the effort. I will liken it to those who buy lottery tickets, but only if the lottery gets up to 215 millions dollars - like 2 million isn't worth the trouble. Anywho...let me summarize the last couple of weeks of our oh so interesting life.

Just about everyone in my family has a birthday in November (Dad, Mom, Sister and Nephew). We decided to meet up at Dad's to celebrate my sister's birthday the 3rd weekend in November. During our visit I had vivid flashbacks from my childhood when my Dad used the "claw" to tickle me. The "claw" especially like to tickle the knees. My kids and nephew got a visit from my childhood nemesis ( I seriously hated that thing).


The Claw in all it's fury



Luckily they all survived the wrath of the claw, BTW Theron was spared the torture.


While we were waiting to be able to get our tree up, the kids decided they would help their Mimi and Papa get theirs up. We helped get at least a dozen boxes out of the attic to deck the halls at the grandparent's house. Collin and Meda did a good job helping out.



This was supposed to be a candid photo


Collin his the jackpot with this "Christmas Taco"


Theron enjoyed watching for now

After 2 weeks of having contractors in our house, they were finally finished on December 12th, but I can't post pictures yet because I still have an inch of sawdust on most everything in my house. Yesterday was my last day of work until next semester so I should be able to get it in shape soon.

No comments: