Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Life Lesson Learned...or Not

This week Meda's school is hosting a book fair. Meda LOVES the book fair. I gave her a check for $20 to buy some books. She came home yesterday with her books and a request for some more money. Our conversation went something like this:
Meda: "Mom, I need you to give me a check tomorrow with $25 on it to buy more books from the bookstore"
Me: "Meda, I'm can't just give you money everyday for the book fair"
Meda: "I don't need money, just give me a check"
After I spent a little time explaining to her how a check really is my money this is what happened next...
Me: "Maybe you can do some chores around the house and earn some money" (that's my effort in trying to teach my children responsibility and all that good stuff)
Meda: "Can't I just ask Mimi for some money"
Me: "No, you can earn money if you want it"
I then go upstairs to do something and the next thing I know the little toot comes in with $20 she squeezed out of her daddy with little effort. There goes my life lesson for my daughter *sigh*

No comments: