Sunday, February 27, 2011

February...Come and Gone

2011 has been a blur so far. We have been extremely busy. We started the month with a family outing to Monster Jam. Theron loves monster trucks so I was glad that I decided at the last minute to get tickets and indulge the little feller. I'm pretty certain that we purchased the absolute last few tickets for the Reliant Stadium because I didn't even know that we could climb that high. We still enjoyed the show nonetheless.





Check out our nosebleed seats!



Theron spent most of the month with a junky cough. I hate February as it seems it is the peak of the sick season around here. We have been very blessed that our flu vaccines haven't failed us yet, but Theron must have had a viral bronchitis. I was able to borrow our vibrating vest from the college so I could do some chest PT on him. Although he sounded terrible, the little guy never ran a fever.







Of course this is what he looked like at the doctor's office.



vibrating those boogies loose

He actually felt pretty badly this day. I had to give him a few breathing treatments




Collin turned 7 years old this month. I am still in shock that I now have a 7 and 8 year-old. It was just yesterday that they were 1 and 2. He finally got his permanent front teeth in recently. I must say that if I had to pick any one thing that makes your baby look grown up, it is when they get great big front teeth. I must admit, I LOVED his toothless grin while it lasted. I was lucky enough to get his school picture with one tooth missing - priceless memories!


Kenny and Collin



Collin making the lap


All of the birthday guests loved BMX, too


Collin has really become fond of racing BMX. He seems to have a natural knack for it and advanced rather quickly from the Novice class to Intermediate. Now that he is racing against tougher competition, he is not winning every race and that has been a huge adjustment for him. Jeff has been trying to teach him the valuable lesson that he can't be the best at everything all the time. There has been a lot of shed tears and angry moments, but I think he is finally adjusting. We are driving up to Desoto this weekend for the ABA Supernationals, it should be fun since Collin told me he will try his best and not throw his helmet down if he doesn't get 1st place. Jeff has Meda racing some, too. She is very proud of any trophy she gets!!


No comments: