Saturday, July 19, 2008

Things kids will do

I've been taking the kids to the skating rink lately. Its good exercise for them and a cool place for me and Theron to hang out. Collin has noticed that some of the kids wear in line skates and he thought he should get some too. He would not stop asking for these things. I thought I'd play the Mom card and tell him if he cleaned up the playroom he could have some. Keep in mind that he NEVER cleans or helps to clean the playroom. He always has an excuse and I honestly didn't know if he could do it on his own. Well...HE DID!! I wouldn't tell him this, but I only said that because I didn't think he would do it. I went upstairs to look at it after I heard a blood curdling scream from Meda. As it turns out the playroom was spotless, but there was a big pile of everything Collin didn't have a place for piled in Meda's doorway. She couldn't even get in her room. I should have taken a picture of it, but I didn't think about it at the time. Needless to say, I got the boy his skates and he is doing awesome on them.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Remember, the right motivation always works, just think of what it will cost you Mom. I had to get Casey a $50 belt form the Express to get her to put contacts in her eyes for the first time!!!!!!!!!!!! It worked. Aunt Linid

Marby said...

Well, when you put it that way... Isn't it all about survival?

Mer said...

Collin is now a true McKinney. The McKinney way of cleaning: Make a big pile of stuff and shove it somewhere else. Always worked for me and my bros -
Proud of you, Collin!