Thursday, December 20, 2007

Last Day of School

Meda had her Christmas Party today and it was her last day of school until 2008. Collin, Mimi and I went to the classroom to help out. The kids got to decorate gingerbread men and then have their Christmas Feast. We got through all of our party activities by 10:30 and dismissal wasn't until 12:30 so we headed out to the playground in an attempt to kill some time.



Collin was wearing flip-flops and couldn't really run and play with the other kids the way he thought he should be able to do, so we ended up signing Meda out and leaving at 11:00. I had sensory overload at that point anyway, I really admire kindergarten teachers.

We were off to run errands and Meda tells me that her throat REALLY hurts and she can't swallow, I reach over and feel her head and she is burning up. I quickly reflect back to that morning when her teacher told me that Strep Throat was going around and I immediately picked up the phone and called for an appointment with her pediatrician. They got us in and sure enough...STREP!! I start to feel my throat get sore, but I'm not sure if it is because it is really sore or its one of those weird sensations you get when you think you are going to get something. Kind of like when you hear someone has lice and you start to itch. Hopefully I dodged that bullet, but only time will tell. Yesterday I took Collin to the doctor for an earache that turned out to be an infection. Since he is allergic to penicillin, his antibiotics are $105 for the generic and our co-pay is $60. I guess I should be thankful they waited until I got off work for the Holidays to get sick...timing.

No comments: