Thursday, November 1, 2007

Happy Halloween!!

Well, after 3 costume changes apiece, Collin finally decided to be a fireman (again) and Meda recycled her flowergirl dress and added my veil and some jewelry to be a bride. Originally, Collin was going to wear the spiderman costume that Aunt Sam made for Hunter 5+ years ago, however he was feeling a bit clausterphobic with the mask on. Unfortunately, spiderman doesn't have the same effect without the mask. Then he insisted on being the tinman that Aunt Sam made him for last year. I could kick myself for not taking a picture because it was RIDICULOUSLY too small, it took a lot of talking to convince him of that. Thank goodness the old firefighter costumes still fit! Meda wanted to be a ballerina, but the girl has grown so much, none of her ballerina clothes fit. I tried to get her to wear the scarecrow that went with Collin's tinman, but we argued for 15 minutes and then I submitted. The girl just didn't like being made out of hay!! What could I say... Thank goodness I remembered about the flowergirl dress. She felt sooo beautiful and got tons of compliments. It worked out in the end. Too bad I was being cheap this year and refused to pay $40-50 for a cute costume.

Jeff had to go in early to work because everyone else seemed to think that it was more important that they get to take their kids trick-or-treating. Cyndi and E.D. came over and I'm glad they did, because we are on the main street into our neighborhood and get a TON of trick-or-treaters every year. They started an hour before dark. The grandparents sat in lawnchairs on the driveway and gave out candy while I took the kids around the neighborhood. Collin has been feeling ill the past couple of days so he only made it halfway around the block and then I had to give him a piggy back ride (42 pounds) back home. He helped Mimi and Papa give out candy until we ran out and had to dash in the house and unplug all the decorations.


Fire Fighter Collin ready to respond...kinda

Dum dum da dum...


This was a nicely decorated yard, we had to stop for a photo with the kids' friends Garrett and Alyssa.


Bride Meda and Kitty Alyssa

No comments: